5 Things I Like About Myself.
Tagged by Erin!
Once you get this you have to say five things you like about yourself, publicly, then send this to ten of your favorite followers (non-negotiable)
- My sense of humour is such that I’ll pretty much find anything funny, which certainly makes for a more amusing life.
- My style evolves constantly, and while I tend to stick to certain staples regarding how I present myself, I like to mix up my wardrobe every so often.
- Socializing with the adults at all the dinner parties my parents would host and be invited to when I was younger helped me develop a pretty damn good ability for small talk.
- Have you SEEN me? I’m fucking adorable.
- Literally everything else. I love myself so much it’s disgusting. So I guess this one would be my ability to love myself without shame or conditions.
Sophie tagged me for this a million years ago and I’m only just now getting to it. whoops.
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard - they don’t have to be “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag [ten] friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them.
- Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides.
- Nectar in a Sieve, by Kamala Markandaya.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky.
- Letters to a Young Poet, by Rainer Maria Rilke.
- Stardust, by Neil Gaiman.
- Anything Meg Cabot has written, ever (especially her Heather Wells Mysteries series).
- Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro.
- Anger, by Thich Nhat Hanh.
- Black Coffee Blues, by Henry Rollins.
- Night, by Elie Wiesel.
This was really hard, but also I’m really disappointed with how few women are on here?
I tag kirsthestars, cultofkimber, erinairout, dismissivejerkoffmotion, icarntspell, workingonbeingme, captain—cabinets, wiggidystoic, and everyone else has been tagged/I don’t run in very expansive Tumblr circles?
Day 3: Favourite Quotes
LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT, UNDERRATED DISNEY FILMS OF ALL TIME OKAY:
1. It teaches kids that we should never judge others by their appearance or what we’ve seen on the surface.
2. It teaches kids that despite if we’ve been taught to be afraid of or hate something or someone that looks/acts differently than us, we should learn and try to understand them before we judge them.
3. It teaches that two sides that may hate each other don’t always have to stay that way - they can learn and grown from each other’s mistakes.
4. It teaches that hatred is not always the answer; to listen, to step back, and see through someone else’s eyes. It teaches patience, understanding, and wisdom.
5. IT TEACHES CHILDREN THAT PEOPLE CAN BE FORGIVEN AND DO BETTER.
6. It teaches children that even if you make a mistake, you can learn and grow from it like Kenai.
Seriously I just love this movie to pieces it is so important to me and I wish more people knew/watched it because wtf it’s AMAZING.
NOT TO MENTION THE ENTIRE CAST IS POC AND CULTURE WISE IT IS RESPECTFUL AND IT IS JUST A GREAT MOVIE OKAY
AND ITLL BREAK YOUR HEART AND MAKE YOU SOB YOUR FUCKING EYES OUT BECAUSE OF THE EMOTIONAL IMPACT IT HAS ON YOU.
This is a seriously heavy movie but it’s so damn good
Q:What did he say about raping teenage girls?
Mom scheduled an all-day family photo shoot today and I might just die.